The Cadetships program is a one year program available to students in the final years of their undergraduate degree. Cadets will be paid to work at Council part-time (two days a week) while they study.
Types of cadetships
We offer cadetships within various industries, including (but not limited to):
- data science / analysis
- information and communication technology
- planning and built environment
- business (e.g. Human Resources, Communication, Legal, Finance)
How to apply
To receive an email about the next cadet intake, create an account and set up a Job Alert.
To apply you will need to submit a resume and cover letter outlining your personal attributes and interest in the particular cadet position on offer. The recruitment process may include online assessments, interview and/or assessment centre, reference checks and a medical.
Important eligibility information
To apply for the cadetship program, you must be:
- currently studying an undergraduate degree level course at a tertiary institution
- in the penultimate or final two years of your degree
- have a visa/work rights that allows this type of activity.
For more information on Council's cadetship program:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email Employment programs.