Brisbane City Council runs a one-year graduate pathway development program for recent university graduates who have completed a degree-level qualification from a tertiary institution within the last two years.
We offer graduate opportunities in the following industries
- engineering (civil, mechanical, environmental)
- business and data analytics
- human resources
- planning and environment
- finance and accounting
- information and communications technology programming and development.
To apply for the graduate program, you must:
- hold a recognised degree or postgraduate degree from a tertiary institution which was completed within the last two years; or be completing a recognised degree or postgraduate degree from a tertiary institution and have graduated prior to the designated commencement date of the program
- have a visa/work rights that allow this type of activity (if applicable).
How to apply
Council recruits for graduates throughout the year.
If you are interested in a Council cadetship, join our talent community. By becoming a part of this community, you'll be able to sign up for alerts and view current vacancies and employment program opportunities.
When submitting a graduate program application, include:
- you current resume
- a cover letter that addresses:
- why you are interested in a graduate program with Council and how your suited to it
- any related subjects you studied at university
- transferrable skills you've developed through work experience, or university/community/volunteer projects you've been involved with.
For more information on graduate programs in Council:
- email the Employment Programs team
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888.