Tertiary work experience
The Tertiary Work Experience program provides unpaid placements for Brisbane-based domestic and international tertiary students.
Students are placed for up to 30 days each calendar year (or longer if it is a mandatory and assessable component of their study).
Suitable project work is identified and students are 'matched' to the relevant skills and knowledge required for the placement.
Types of tertiary work experience
We offer work experience within various disciplines, including (but not limited to):
- information technology
- town planning
- human resources
- event management
How to apply
All opportunities are advertised on your university career boards. Please follow the application instructions as they may differ depending on your educational institution and program.
Your university careers team, university employment consultants and/or university work integrated learning staff will be your best contacts at your university for questions and assistance.
You may also apply for tertiary work experience opportunities if advertised via Council's careers page.
Important eligibility information
To apply for the work experience program, you must:
- be enrolled in a tertiary program within a recognised, Australian, degree-granting institution
- have personal accident insurance and public liability insurance coverage provided by the tertiary educational establishment you are currently enrolled in
- have a visa/work rights that allow this type of activity.
For more information on our Tertiary Work Experience program:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888, or
- email Tertiary Work Experience.