Brisbane City Council's traineeship program provides trainees with the skills, training and experience to kick start their chosen career. Upon completion of the program, trainees have a nationally recognised qualification and the opportunity to apply for roles within Council.
Common types of traineeships in Council include:
- civil construction
- customer engagement
To apply for a traineeship with Council, you must be:
- 15 years or over
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- a person with a permanent residence visa, temporary protection visa, or temporary residence visa.
How to apply
Council invites applications for traineeships when opportunities become available.
If you are interested in a future Council traineeship, join our talent community. By becoming a part of this community, you'll be able to sign up for alerts and view current vacancies and employment program opportunities.
When submitting your application, include:
- your current resume
- a cover letter that includes:
- why you are interested in a Council traineeship
- related school or pre-vocational training subjects
- any transferrable skills from relevant work experience, or school/community projects you've been involved in that could help support your application.
For more information on our traineeship program:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888, or
- email Council's employment programs team.