Brisbane City Council's traineeship program provides trainees with the skills, training and experience to kick start their chosen career. Upon completion of the program, trainees will have a nationally recognised qualification and the opportunity to apply for roles within Council.
Applicants from the following groups are encouraged to apply:
- young people
- Aboriginal people
- Torres Strait Islander people
- people from a non-English speaking background
- people with disability or impairment.
Types of traineeships
Common types of traineeships in Council include:
- customer engagement
- laboratory skills
- civil construction.
Benefits for Council trainees
Council trainees can enjoy benefits including:
- competitive salaries including penalty rates where applicable
- 100% of training costs paid for by Council
- ongoing training and career development opportunities
- dedicated trainee support person and mentor.
How to apply
To stay up-to-date with traineeship opportunities, create an account and set up a job alert located under Job Management.
Trainee roles may be advertised at different times in the year depending on business needs.
The recruitment process has a number of steps which may include:
- online assessments
- interview and/or assessment centre
- reference checks
- a medical.
Important eligibility information
To apply for a traineeship with Council, you must be:
- 15 years and over
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- a person with a permanent residency visa, a temporary protection visa or a temporary residency visa.
For more information on our traineeship program:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888, or
- email Council's employment programs team.