Bus operator jobs
Brisbane City Council bus operators help make a real improvement to our community. Every bus means 40 fewer cars on Brisbane's roads.
As a full-time or casual bus operator, you enjoy flexible hours, job security, full training and competitive pay with applicable penalty rates and allowances.
If you are interested in bus operator jobs, visit Council's recruitment website to check if we are currently advertising. We recommend you sign up for job alerts to receive an email notification when we advertise a bus operator job.
You can also register with our talent pool by emailing your contact details.
How to apply
To apply, you must:
- have held an Australian open 'C' class licence (car) for at least three years
- be able to obtain a current Driver Authorisation from Queensland Transport with 'G' (general) class*
- have a good driving history
- be good with people
- have full work rights status in Australia
- be able to work different shifts.
* Although this is not a requirement for interview, you must have a Driver Authorisation to be considered for employment as a casual bus operator.
To be considered for a bus operator role, go to Council's job search, add 'bus operator' as a keyword and apply.
Council also offers traineeships as part of this process for bus operators, including completing a Certificate III in Driving Operations. If you complete the traineeship and meet required performance standards, Council may offer you a permanent position.
Council is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
For more information, phone the recruitment centre on 07 3403 4998.