Trades and labour jobs
Brisbane City Council is one of the biggest civil construction and maintenance employers in Queensland.
We offer a range of trade and labour positions including electrical, mechanics, panel beating, plumbing, fitting and turning, carpentry, automotive and general labour related vacancies.
Benefits for trades people and labourers
When you're working in a trade with Council you can enjoy these great benefits:
- competitive salaries including overtime and penalty rates where applicable
- a generous superannuation scheme of 14% for permanent employees
- leave arrangements including paid maternity, paternity and carer’s leave
- ongoing training and career development in your trade discipline
- uniforms supplied and all tools provided.
Safe and supportive work environment
Council takes workplace health and safety very seriously. It protects safety and promotes health by:
- striving for zero harm, both mentally and physically, to anyone in the workplace, at home or in public spaces through our 'Zero Harm' policy
- being committed to providing a workplace that has Zero Tolerance for any unwelcome or harassing behaviour of a sexual, discriminatory or offensive nature
- promoting the health and wellbeing of employees through a ‘Wellness’ program. Shower and change facilities are available in most regional facilities for those who ride, run or walk to work, as well as gymnasiums and recreation spaces
- offering free counselling assistance as well as opportunities to participate in personal development workshops and training
- providing career breaks to go travelling or pursue an interest. This helps you achieve personal goals and professional development.
Flexibility and family friendly policies
Council respects the need to spend quality time pursuing your own interests and enjoying family life. You can discuss the option of working flexible shifts, part-time or full-time hours, rostered days off, or set hours with your manager, to help achieve balance in your life.
Working at a regional depot means you can be close to home and cut down on commuting time.
To find out what current trades and labouring jobs are available, view our Job Search.