Council works closely with local and international agencies and organisations to leverage our sister city relationships to maximise the best possible business outcomes for Brisbane residents and businesses.
Brisbane City Council is committed to advancing Brisbane’s place in the Asia Pacific region and beyond. Council’s international business programs aim to improve the economic benefits and opportunities for Brisbane-based businesses by:
- strengthening sister city relationships throughout the Asia Pacific and the Middle East
- facilitating business and trade connections for Brisbane organisations with international markets
- supporting local businesses to achieve successful outcomes through our sister city networks
- co-ordinating inbound international delegations and outbound business missions to overseas markets.
Find what you need
International delegations - opportunities to connect with Council
Brisbane regularly welcomes visiting international delegations and study visits consisting of business people, academics and government officials to connect with Council. This program provides a unique opportunity for visiting delegations to access specialised information and learn and exchange information on best-practices through presentations, roundtable discussions, networking events and individual meetings.
If you would like to meet with officials from Council and Brisbane's institutions, complete our online form.
For more information about Council's international business programs:
- email Council
- phone 07 3403 8888 and ask for the International Relations and Multicultural Affairs Unit
- mail to:
Brisbane City Council
International Relations and Multicultural Affairs Unit
GPO Box 2287
Brisbane Qld 4001
Council’s entire website can be translated into 100+ languages for members of our multicultural communities. You may select your preferred language from the 'select language' dropdown in the footer if you would like to use the translation feature.
If you wish to speak to Council and need an interpreter, visit our Translating and interpreting service page.
Subscribe to receive updates
You can also subscribe to receive an e-newsletter or email updates on programs and events by emailing Council.