Coronavirus: Support for Brisbane businesses
Brisbane City Council is committed to ensuring Brisbane remains the most small business-friendly city in Australia.
Businesses can use this page to find the latest updates about support and services and can sign up for business-specific email updates.
Economic relief package
Council is introducing a $5 million economic relief package to support local businesses, sports clubs and community groups.
Small Business Roundtable
Brisbane City Council’s Small Business Roundtable will transition the city’s focus from economic recovery towards economic revitalisation.
The Roundtable will ensure opportunities and initiatives are identified to help local businesses grow and succeed.
Contact us for support
Business Hotline 133 BNE
For more information about coronavirus and small business phone Council's Business Hotline on 133 BNE (133 263).
Council's Business Liaison Officers are available for free one-on-one drop-in sessions at the Suburban Business Hub to talk with you about the resources and programs that are available to support your business. You can also email the team or phone Council on 07 3403 8888 to book a one on one call.
Find what you need
Business events | Buying local | Other financial assistance | Booking refunds | Tools and resources | Latest news | Subscribe to keep up to date
Council is delivering a range of online webinars and workshops to provide learning and networking opportunities to support small business.
Working with Council
We’re committed to our buy local procurement policy, which aims to lift the number of Council contracts going to local business by 80 per cent.
Visit How Council buys or phone 133 BNE (133 263) to find out more.
Seven-day payment terms
Council wishes to advise Council’s payments to business suppliers who employ less than 20 people has been reduced from 30 days to seven to help further support small business and protect jobs from the impact of coronavirus in Brisbane.
These changes will apply to Council-procured goods and services where outstanding and future payments will be fast-tracked, effective from Friday 3 April 2020.
- Learn how Council buys
- View tender opportunities
- Sign up to the Supplier Portal
Other financial assistance
- Federal Government: financial assistance for businesses
- Queensland Government: small business support
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
Tools and resources
Access a suite of resources and advice to help you respond to the impacts of coronavirus.
- Australian Small Business Advisory Services Digital Solutions Qld, delivered by RDA Brisbane
- Government-subsidised one-on-one consultations with a focus on websites and online selling, social media and digital marketing, using small business software, online security and data privacy
- Beyond Blue Coronavirus support
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland (CCIQ) Coronavirus Business Knowledge and Support Hub
- Cybersecurity advice to help small and micro businesses adapt to working during the coronavirus pandemic
- Fair Work Ombudsman: Information on Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws
- National Retail Association Coronavirus resources
- Restaurant and Catering Industry Association of Australia Coronavirus Information Hub
Our Brisbane Business Community
While Council worked to help local businesses get back on their feet in the wake of coronavirus, many local businesses inspired us with their innovation and creativity.
We're sharing some of these local business success stories.
Stay up to date
Want to receive the latest news and updates about doing Business in Brisbane?
Learn about the many services Council offers to Brisbane businesses, gain advice, be inspired, hear about upcoming events and much more by signing up to receive our monthly Business in Brisbane e-newsletter