Make a booking at the Suburban Business Hub
The Suburban Business Hub is a free, secure working space suitable for co-working and meetings.
Bookings are required for large groups or for group bookings outside of the drop-in hours. We encourage you to email us to check drop-in availability to avoid disappointment. You will receive an automatic email reply with the current availability, please check your inbox for details.
The hub can be used by Brisbane small-to-medium sized businesses, emerging Brisbane business owners, business groups and chambers of commerce located within the Brisbane Local Government Area.
Find what you need
How to book
- Bookings are required for large groups and for group bookings outside the drop-in hours.
- Requests must be received with a minimum of two business days’ notice to check availability and organise access.
- See opening hours before making your request. The team will also consider requests for bookings outside these hours - in all instances, the team will advise if your request can be accommodated.
- After your request is confirmed, a hire agreement will be prepared including booking details, access requirements, facility inclusions and your responsibilities.
- Large, open space (approximately 100m2)
- Kitchenette with:
- instant cold or boiling water
- glasses, cups, saucers, small plates and cutlery available for use (consumables e.g. tea/coffee not provided)
- small fridge
- Laptop connectivity to wall mounted TV with sound (laptop and cable not provided)
- Toilets (adjacent to the hub)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Air conditioning
- Accessible (no stairs)
- Shopfront displays
- Artist wall
Drop-in 9am-4pm Monday to Friday (email us to check availability to avoid disappointment).
Large group bookings
The hub is available for large group bookings, and out of hours group bookings (i.e. bookings outside the drop-in hours).
The hub is closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
The hub is a flexible space and the hirer can rearrange the furniture to suit their needs.
|Tables (1500mmx750mm, flip top, lockable wheels)||6|
|Round meeting table (1000mm)||2|
|Single lounge chairs||4|
|Laptop and coffee tables||Multiple|
|Whiteboards/pinboards (lockable wheels)||2|
AV: Laptop connectivity via HDMI input to wall mounted TV with sound (laptop and HDMI cable not provided)
The following is a guideline based on available equipment. The maximum capacity is 50 people, or one person per two square metres, whichever is lesser.
|Type of space/meeting||Capacity (people)|
|Theatre style||50 people|
|Networking (standing)||50 people|
|Meetings||up to 50 people (depending on room set up)|
|Co-working||6 rectangular tables and 2 round tables available for use|
There is no dedicated parking. The hub is convenient to public transport (train and bus) and accessible by car via Sandgate Road arterial. Time restricted street parking is available in surrounding streets, or unrestricted street parking is located a short walking distance away.
The hub operates in accordance with Queensland Government guidelines and is a COVID-safe venue. Users of the space are required to check in using the Check in Qld app via a QR code at the entrance. Sanitiser and disinfectant wipes are available for use and the space is cleaned daily.
Council encourages all residents to continue to practise safe social distancing and hygiene while using Council facilities. View our Coronavirus: Council updates and impacts page for latest updates.
For more information, contact us by:
- phone on 07 3403 0376