Council is making purchasing your food waste recycling system easier with our compost rebate program. The program provides Brisbane residents a rebate of up to $70 off the purchase of eligible composting equipment.
Compost and food waste recycling
Recycling your kitchen scraps, garden clippings and other forms of green waste is a powerful way to reduce waste to landfill and greenhouse gas emissions, help the environment and improve your garden's health.
There are several ways to start composting and be rewarded with valuable compost and mulch for your garden, while living more sustainably.
Using mulch and compost on your garden means:
- you will spend less time weeding and watering your garden
- you won't need to use artificial fertiliser on your garden
- your soil will be healthier, making for healthier plants
- you will save time and money
- you will keep green waste out of landfill and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.