Compost rebate program terms and conditions
Before applying for a rebate, read the terms and conditions for Brisbane City Council's Compost Rebate Program.
- The Compost Rebate Program: Brisbane residents who purchase eligible compost equipment on or after 1 July 2020 may apply for a rebate of up to $70 (one per household).
- The Compost Rebate Program cannot be claimed for compost equipment purchased prior to 1 July 2020.
- The Compost Rebate Program is strictly limited to the purchase of compost equipment only and cannot be claimed for the purchase of other products including consumables (such as worms, carbon material, worm farm conditioner, Bokashi grains, or compost accelerator).
Eligible items: compost bin or compost tumbler, compost aerator or compost drill, worm farm or worm tower, in-ground composter or worm farm, bokashi composting system, compost monitoring device (e.g. temperature probe), pet waste composting system
Ineligible items: compost worms, carbon material, worm farm conditioner, bokashi grains or liquid spray, compost accelerator liquid, compost blocks
- The compost rebate is capped at $70 per household. If an applicant spends an amount equal to, or less than $70 on the purchase of eligible compost equipment, they will receive a rebate amount to the exact value of the purchase amount. If the purchase amount of the compost equipment exceeds $70, the maximum rebate the applicant can receive is $70.
- Any additional costs or expenses incurred in connection with this Compost Rebate Program, including postage or delivery of goods, is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Compost Rebate Program commencement: The Compost Rebate Program will be available for valid purchases Wednesday 1 July 2020 and will remain open until Council notifies the cessation of the Compost Rebate Program.
- Eligibility: To be eligible for the Compost Rebate Program, a person must:
(a) be a resident of the City of Brisbane as identified by the residential address provided when completing the online form on Council's website;
(b) be an occupant at the residential address identified on the online form;
(c) be the age of eighteen (18) years or over or have the consent of a parent or guardian; and
(d) not have previously received a rebate through this Compost Rebate Program.
- How to claim a rebate: To make a claim through the Compost Rebate Program, a person must complete the following criteria strictly in any order:
(a) purchase eligible compost equipment item from any retailer or online platform (excluding any second-hand distributor) and retain the invoice or proof of purchase receipt.
(b) provide the required personal details, including bank details
(c) confirm online eligibility as per point 7, upload your receipt to Council's website, ensure your details are correct and submit your application.
Once steps (a) to (c) are completed, you will receive a confirmation email about your claim. If the application is successful, the reclaim amount will be directly deposited into your nominated bank account within 30 days. The invoice or proof of purchase of receipt must include the date of purchase, supplier name and ABN, and a clear itemised list showing the product name or the eligible compost equipment.
Please note, a receipt that only shows the purchase amount is not sufficient. The invoice or proof of purchase receipt may be uploaded as a scanned image, photograph, or digital receipt attachment.
This program is limited to one eligible compost equipment claim and one rebate per residential address. Any subsequent claims from the same residential address will be deemed ineligible and the claim will not be accepted.
- Payment of compost rebate: Rebates that are successfully submitted will be paid via a direct deposit into the bank account nominated on the online form within 30 days of making the claim.
- No liability of Council: Council makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any system or compost equipment purchased for or in connection with the Compost Rebate Program. To the extent permitted by law, Council is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) in connection with the Compost Rebate Program. This condition is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws.
- Privacy consent: By participating in the Compost Rebate Program, the entrant acknowledges and agrees to their personal contact information by way of full name, phone number, email and residential address being collected and stored by Council for the purpose of the Compost Rebate Program.
- Changes to the Compost Rebate Program: Council reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.