Council's Love Food Hate Waste program aims to reduce the volume of food waste going to Brisbane landfill each year. Learn about food waste in Brisbane and simple changes you can make to save money and create a cleaner, greener city with less landfill.
Compost and organic waste recycling
Recycling your kitchen scraps, garden clippings and other forms of green waste is a powerful way to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, help the environment and improve your garden's health.
There are several ways to start recycling your organic waste and be rewarded with valuable compost and mulch for your garden, while living more sustainably.
Using mulch and compost on your garden means:
- you’ll spend less time weeding and watering your garden
- you won't need to use artificial fertiliser on your garden
- your soil will be healthier, making for healthier plants
- you’ll save time and money
- you’ll be keeping green waste out of landfill and reducing greenhouse emissions.