Become a Master Composter
Are you an experienced composter who wants to learn more? Brisbane City Council is offering a free advanced high-level training course in composting to those who are ready to take the next step on their composting journey.
About the course
The Master Composter Brisbane training is a two-day course held over two Sundays at different community gardens across the city. Attendance at each training session is required.
If you are interested, you must apply to take part in the course because places are limited.
Following completion of the training sessions, participants are required to use their new skills by completing 20 hours of volunteer work on organic recycling in the community to complete the course.
The course will provide in-depth training on:
- the science of composting
- composting methods
- other organic recycling techniques (such as worm farming, bokashi)
Participants will be provided with a Master Composter workbook to keep as a reference.
To be considered for the course you must:
- have a current working knowledge of composting or worm farming, either composting at your own home or at a community garden
- be willing and able to attend two full days of training, over two Sundays at different community gardens across the city
- be willing and able to complete 20 hours of volunteer work (within 12 months of completing the training) which promotes and assists composting in the community.
After completing your volunteer hours, you will receive a certificate of completion.
|1||Sunday 2 August 2020||9.30am-4pm||Northey Street City Farm, 16 Victoria Street, Windsor|
|2||Sunday 9 August 2020||9.30am-4pm||Beelarong Community Farm
Beverley Street and York Street, Morningside
How to apply
Expressions of interest are now open. Submit your application online to take part in the 2020 Master Composters training.
If you are successful, a Council officer will contact you to confirm your participation.
For more information about participation email WaRRS-EducationOfficer@brisbane.qld.gov.au