Become a Master Composter
Are you an experienced composter who wants to learn more? Brisbane City Council is offering a free advanced high-level training course in composting to those who are ready to take the next step on their composting journey.
About the course
The Master Composter Brisbane training is a four-day course held over four weeks at different community gardens across the city. Attendance at each training session is required.
If you are interested, you must apply to take part in the course because places are limited.
Following completion of the training sessions, participants are required to use their new skills by completing 40 hours of volunteer work on organic recycling in the community to complete the course.
The course will provide in-depth training on:
- the science of composting
- composting methods
- other organic recycling techniques (such as worm farming, bokashi)
Participants will be provided with a Master Composter workbook to keep as a reference.
To be considered for the course you must:
- have a current working knowledge of composting or worm farming, either composting at your own home or at a community garden
- be willing and able to attend four half days of training, over four weekdays at different community gardens across the city
- be willing and able to complete 40 hours of volunteer work (within 12 months of completing the training) which promotes and assists composting in the community.
After completing your volunteer hours, you will receive a certificate of achievement.
|1||Thursday 8 August||9.30am-12.30pm||Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha
152 Mt Coot-tha Road, Toowong
|2||Thursday 15 August||9.30am-12.30pm||Beelarong Community Farm
Beverley Street and York Street, Morningside
|3||Thursday 22 August||9.30am-12.30pm||Northey Street City Farm
16 Victoria Street, Windsor
|4||Thursday 29 August||9.30am-12.30pm||Graceville Community Garden
Waratah Avenue and Cordalba Street, Graceville
How to apply
Expressions of interest are now closed.
If you are successful, a Council officer will contact you to confirm your participation.
For more information about participation email WaRRS-EducationOfficer@brisbane.qld.gov.au