Council's Environment Centres offer an Australian Curriculum integrated School Learning Program designed to cater for all grades from prep through to year 12 and university bridging courses.
Brisbane has three environment centres at Boondall Wetlands, Downfall Creek and Karawatha Forest. Each natural area is unique and provides opportunities for visitors to the centres to:
- relax, increase mindfulness, improve mental health and play in a natural setting with family and friends
- learn about our incredible native flora and fauna in Australia's most diverse city
- participate in free or low-cost activities, such as canoeing, guided walks, bird watching and sustainable living workshops
- volunteer their time as guides or greeters
- encourage outside learning with excursions through Brisbane City Council's School Learning Program.
- explore our environment centres with the Agents of Discovery mobile game. Download the free Agents of Discovery app from Google Play or the Apple Store. Check out the Wild Backyards mission to explore your own backyard during lockdown.
Find an environment centre
Showing 1 to 3 of 3 results