Come and visit our Boondall Wetlands Environment Centre. You can view our environmental and cultural displays, learn about the abundance of wildlife supported in Brisbane’s wetlands, and discover why the area is internationally significant.
Brisbane has three environment centres at Boondall Wetlands, Downfall Creek and Karawatha Forest. Each natural area is unique and provides opportunities for visitors to the centres to:
- relax and play in a natural setting with family and friends
- learn about the local flora and fauna
- participate in free or low-cost organised activities, such as canoeing, guided walks, bird watching and crafts
- volunteer their time as guides or greeters
- encourage outside learning with excursions through Council's School Learning Program.