Council's Environment Centres offer an Australian Curriculum integrated School Learning Program designed to cater for all grades from prep through to year 12 and university bridging courses.
Brisbane has three environment centres at Boondall Wetlands, Downfall Creek and Karawatha Forest. Each natural area is unique and provides opportunities for visitors to the centres to:
- relax and play in a natural setting with family and friends
- learn about the local flora and fauna
- participate in free or low-cost organised activities, such as canoeing, guided walks, bird watching and crafts
- volunteer their time as guides or greeters
- encourage outside learning with excursions through Brisbane City Council's School Learning Program.
- Agents of Discovery: Wild Backyards mission – Explore your own backyard with new missions released fortnightly. To play download the free app (Google Play, Apple Store) and follow these instructions. Guaranteed to keep kids entertained while learning in the safety of their back yard.
Find an environment centre
Showing 1 to 3 of 3 results