Outdoor Reads provides you with an interactive walking and reading experience via the Story City mobile app.
The Story City app works on geo-location technology and enables you to choose from one of eight stories, all based on elements of the surrounding natural environment. The stories lead listeners around the park as you choose your own adventure and learn more about Brisbane’s natural environment and waterways.
There are multiple stories in each park including historical, scavenger hunt and flora and fauna discovery stories.
Outdoor Reads are currently featured in the following Brisbane parks:
- JC Slaughter Falls, Mt Coot-tha
- 7th Brigade Park, Chermside
- Hanlon Park, Greenslopes.
Download the Story City App
To get started download the Story City app on your iOS or Android device through:
- App store
- Google play.
Bring Brisbane parks to life and learn more about Brisbane’s natural environment with Outdoor Reads.
- Download the free Story City app on your smart phone or tablet.
- Choose which natural environment you want to explore.
- Pick from up to three stories in each park including flora and fauna, historical/Indigenous and scavenger hunts.
- Explore. Each new part of the story takes place in a different location of the park for a new adventure.