Recycling guide for households
Brisbane City Council households recycled more than 81,000 tonnes of waste in recycling wheelie bins in 2020-21, including paper, cardboard, glass, plastics, aluminium and steel. Use this page to find out about our recycling guide to help you recycle more at home and send less waste to landfill.
Brisbane's Best Recycling Guide
Brisbane’s Best Recycling Guide for Households is a pocket guide about the benefits of recycling. The guide provides:
- the easiest ways to collect recyclables from your house
- what can and cannot go in Council's recycling wheelie bin
- answers to frequently asked questions
- information on sorting recyclables
- answers to recycling myth
- top 10 recycling tips (read our online version)
- guidance on how to recycle items not accepted in Council's wheelie bins (includes reusable household goods, scrap metals and garden waste).
Download a copy of:
- Brisbane's Best Recycling Guide for Households (PDF - 2.8Mb)
- Brisbane's Best Recycling Guide for Households (Word - 1.5Mb).
You can get a printed copy of Brisbane's Best Recycling Guide for Households by requesting a copy online, phoning Council on 07 3403 8888 or visiting your local:
The information in this guide is also available on Council's free Brisbane bin and recycling app. This app can help you:
- learn what to put in the recycling bin
- remember your bin collection days
- find out about Council's waste and resource recovery facilities and services.