Immunisation records

The Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) is a national register administered by Medicare Australia. Find out how to obtain copies of vaccination records or lodge details of vaccinations received overseas.

Immunisation records

The AIR began storing records in 1996 and has records of children who are up to 10 years of age. To request records:

If your child has been immunised overseas you can still have the details added to the AIR by visiting your general practitioner or a Brisbane City Council community immunisation clinic.  

Council records

Council also keeps vaccination records which you can obtain for yourself or your child. Legal guardians are also able to request information.

Requesting a record of immunisation

To get a record of vaccinations performed by Council, you should complete the Request a record of immunisation online form. To obtain vaccination records you must be the:

  • customer requesting your own records
  • parent
  • legal guardian
  • carer.

If you are a medical centre or GP, please have the customer present during the call as we require verbal consent from the customer or legal guardian.

Alternatively, you can make a request in writing. You should include:

  • your name, address and phone number
  • the relationship to the person whose records are being requested
  • the full details of the person who the record is for, including:
    • name
    • date of birth
    • current address
    • address at the time of vaccinations
  • information on the immunisation records you need (e.g. Hepatitis B)

Send your request by email.

Last updated: 12 September 2019