A City for Everyone: Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029
Brisbane City Council is growing your Brisbane lifestyle so you can do more of what you love and connect with the people and places that make Brisbane great.
Part of what makes Brisbane such a liveable city is its accessibility, which is helping ensure everyone feels they belong regardless of age, ability or background.
Council’s roles in access and inclusion in Brisbane
In 2012, Council launched its first access and inclusion plan and seniors' strategy, which improved the quality of life of many residents. To request a copy of either of these documents, email the project team.
Since 2012, Council has invested more than $230 million in implementing these plans and has delivered:
- wheelchair and pram accessible CityCats and buses
- funding for 143 community programs
- seven accessible aqua play facilities
- wheelchair and pram accessible community halls
- 40 all-abilities playgrounds
- more than 300,000 trips in Council Cabs
- weekly English conversation groups in libraries
- funding for more than 250 multicultural festivals.
Together we have achieved a lot, but there is more to do.
In November 2018, Council released A City for Everyone: Draft Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029 for public consultation. Council received more than 1200 responses from residents of diverse age, cultural background, ability, gender, sexual orientation, various socio-economic backgrounds and those with different levels of wellbeing. Thank you to everyone who has provided their feedback.
The final plan outlines Council’s commitment, and sets out practical strategies and actions to guide how Council can work together with the community and other stakeholders to achieve Brisbane being a city for everyone over the next decade – one which supports people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds to travel, work, live, enjoy and connect with all Brisbane has to offer.
Council has developed several different formats of this plan to ensure the document is accessible for all residents:
- A City for Everyone: Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029 (PDF - 8.1Mb)
- A City for Everyone: Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029 (Word - 323.5kb).
You can order the plan in print, large-font (18 pt font), Braille or audio on USB. To order your copy, complete an online form or phone Council on 07 3403 8888.
The plan is available as an Australian Sign Language (Auslan) video, you can view this video on Council’s YouTube channel.
You can listen to the audio recording of this plan on Council’s YouTube channel.
Download a summary of the plan in your preferred format:
- A City for Everyone: Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029 Summary (PDF - 1.72Mb)
- A City for Everyone: Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029 Summary (Word - 155kb)
- A City for Everyone: Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029 Easy Read Summary (PDF - 10.1Mb)
- A City for Everyone: Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029 Easy Read Summary (Word - 104kb)
You can also read the plan summary in:
- Traditional Chinese (PDF - 6.1MB)
- Traditional Chinese (Word - 944.4kb)
- Simplified Chinese (PDF - 6.2Mb)
- Simplified Chinese (Word - 40.3kb)
- Korean (PDF - 872kb)
- Korean (Word - 945kb)
- Arabic (PDF - 698kb)
- Arabic (Word - 49.4kb)
- Vietnamese (PDF - 929kb)
- Vietnamese (Word - 40.4kb).
For more information about A City for Everyone: Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029, you can:
- email the project team
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- write to:
Inclusive Brisbane Plan
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.