Catering and reception facilities
Brisbane City Council offers catering and reception services at Pinnaroo, Mount Gravatt and Hemmant Cemeteries and Crematoria. After a funeral service, family and friends can get together to commemorate the life and passing of their loved one in a peaceful environment. Our catering services provide a selection of quality food accompanied by hot and cold beverages, and each facility has an indoor and outdoor area for guests.
The catering rooms at:
- Pinnaroo and Mount Gravatt can comfortably accommodate up to 120 guests
- Hemmant is relatively small and suits smaller groups up to approximately 70 guests. Indoors can accommodate up to 50 guests with an additional 20 to 25 in the outdoor undercover area.
Our catering services are provided by an external organisation offering a variety of set menus. The selection of food available to order includes home baked scones with jam and cream, glass paper rolls, mini baguettes, mini pies and sausage rolls as well as fruit and cheese platters. We recommend you choose a menu appropriate for the time of day of the service:
- morning tea
- lunch (light lunch or buffet lunch)
- afternoon tea.
The caterer is on-site during the service, and they will provide additional food and beverages if more guests arrive than estimated. This will be done in consultation with the family and an additional charge will apply.
When ordering catering, it is important to note the following:
- only food provided by the caterers will be permitted on the premises
- uneaten food may not be taken from the premises
- includes gluten free (GF) options
- 10% of menu items will be Vegetarian – additional dietary requirements are available
- Our caterers are licensed, BYO beverages are not permitted
- Where numbers exceed the original estimate of guests for catering, the caterer will approach the family contact to discuss options.
Find out about: