Our well-designed, subtropical city - Youth Strategy 2014-2019
Brisbane City Council wants all young people to experience Brisbane as a subtropical city with effective growth management and a well-designed and responsive built environment.
Our well-designed, subtropical city is one of eight themes in the Youth Strategy 2014-2019: Delivering a youth-friendly city.
Key facts and findings
The following trends and issues affect Brisbane young people:
- young people are keen to be involved in shaping Brisbane
- young people are frequent users of public space
Our well-designed, subtropical Brisbane strategies for young people
As a Council, we want young people in Brisbane to:
- design streetscapes, energy-efficient buildings and suburbs that everyone enjoys based on good design and understanding of our subtropical lifestyle
- be active participants in innovative planning and design for our growing population
To achieve these outcomes, our well-designed and subtropical Brisbane strategies for young people over the next five years include:
- provide opportunities for young people to contribute to innovative subtropical design and sustainable planning initiatives
- foster a new generation of young designers and planners
Download the 'well-designed, subtropical city' section of the Youth Strategy 2014-2019: Delivering a youth-friendly city to read more about:
- young person profile: Amy Saunders, Vibrant Places
- key findings: trends and issues affecting young people in Brisbane
- Council's strategies - where we want to be and how we are going to get there
- ongoing Council programs
- extensions to Council programs
- new initiatives
If you would like to read about the other themes, download the full Youth Strategy 2014-2019 (PDF - 5Mb).