Along with Council's youth partners, Mt Gravatt Police Citizens Youth Club and Linx Youth Space, Wynnum who maintain and manage youth spaces available to young people in Brisbane, Council's Visible Ink provides a space where young people can access resources to get visible, be enterprising and get connected.
Visible Ink Youth Hub
Visible Ink Youth Hub is Council's central hub for Brisbane's young people to explore new ideas, access resources, have a say and connect with community partners, enabling them to grow as active citizens and contribute to a better Brisbane.
Visible Ink Youth Hub provides:
- spaces to rehearse, hold meetings, plan, organise and deliver projects and events and access youth networks
- resources to help get your ideas off the ground and staff support to provide you with help and information
- the Be Enterprising Program - a youth enterprise program providing support and resources to young people to help get their ideas off the ground
- Zine Lounge, Library and Maker space.
The space can be accessed by young people aged 12-25 years, for activities including:
Other resources include computers, free Wi-Fi, printing facilities, video and DSLR cameras.There is a large rehearsal space, meeting room and outdoor space available for free to young people and organisations that support them.
Note the following services are by appointment only:
- Equipment Hire (collection and drop off by appointment)
- Printing (collection by appointment)
Visible Ink location
Visible Ink is located at 5 Green Square Close, Fortitude Valley.
Rehearsal and meeting room bookings by appointment:
- Monday-Sunday 9am-12pm, 12-2pm, 2-4pm, 4-6pm, 6-8pm
- Saturday 9am-12pm, 12-2pm, 2-4pm.
Casual access of the Maker Space and Art Hub is available during our staffed hours:
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 2-8pm
- Saturday 12-5pm.
Young people using Visible Ink have the right to fair, equal and inclusive access. Users have the right to be respected and to be heard when they are in the space.
Young people using the space also have the responsibility to respect one another and to respect the space. Respecting the space means cleaning up after yourself and remembering that Visible Ink is a smoking, drug and alcohol free space.
Contact Visible Ink
To find out more, make a booking, borrow equipment, share a story of what you've created whilst using the space or organise a time to speak with someone about your idea you can: