Lord Mayor's Better Suburbs Grants - Community Support Category budget tips
A budget is required to support your application to the Lord Mayor's Better Suburbs Grants - Community Support Category.
Assessment Criterion 5 in the program Guidelines asks whether budgets are realistic and demonstrate value for money, and considers the applicant’s financial contribution to the project.
You can read budget tips and review the budget table example on this page, to assist you with developing your budget.
- Make sure your total project income equals your total expenditure.
- Volunteer staff can be costed from $35 per hour for non-skilled labour and at relevant rates for professionals.
- Provide a minimum of one recent quote for each grant funded item.
- Ensure you are familiar with the guidelines, particularly regarding what equipment purchases are eligible for funding.
Please note that for the purpose of assessment:
- All budget figures provided must be GST exclusive i.e. deduct GST from quotes and invoices.
- If your organisation is not GST registered the 10% GST will be added to your grant prior to assessment, but will not be itemised as GST.
- If your organisation is GST registered 10% GST will be added to your grant as an itemised GST gross-up.
An example budget table for the Lord Mayor's Better Suburbs Grants - Community Support Category is below:
|Income (Source of funding)||Amount (ex GST)|
|Brisbane City Council Lord Mayor’s Better Suburbs Grant - Community Support Category||$5000.00|
|Organisation's financial contribution to the project||$1000.00|
|Organisation's in-kind contribution to the project||$525.00|
Note: Ensure all income and expenditure totals match.
|Project expenditure (description of work and name of supplier)||Amount (ex GST)|
|Purchase of paint||$800.00|
|Project and volunteer management (in-kind, calculated at x hours @ $35p/hour)||$350.00|
|Part time administrator costs (in-kind, calculated at x hours x $35p/hour)||$175.00|