Lord Mayor's Community Fund
Brisbane City Council's Lord Mayor's Community Fund supports community projects that build stronger communities in Brisbane.
Applications for the 2023-24 financial year are now open. Applications will close at midnight on Friday 14 June 2024, or when each ward had spent their allocated budget (whichever is sooner).
Projects must contribute to the Brisbane Vision by helping achieve our aspirations to be a:
- friendly and safe
- active and healthy
- clean and green, or
- vibrant and creative city.
Each Council ward is allocated $38,000 for community projects undertaken within that ward. The Lord Mayor also allocates $38,000 for community projects that involve multiple wards.
Community organisations can apply for funding for local projects. Councillors can also apply to support community events, activities or capital projects.
The minimum grant is $250 (goods and services tax (GST) exclusive) and the maximum is $10,000 (GST exclusive) per organisation.
Eligible projects include projects such as:
- community events including:
- Australia Day ceremonies
- events that charge an entry fee (e.g. fundraiser with a cover charge or festivals with a site entry fee)
- equipment hired for a community event
- community facility improvements and equipment
- funding towards community sporting organisations equipment and activities within a ward.
Before starting your application, read the:
- Lord Mayor's Community Fund Grant Program guidelines
- Lord Mayor's Community Fund Grant Program terms and conditions.
How to apply
To complete the online application, determine which Council ward your project will take place in. Visit the Electoral Commission Queensland website and select the appropriate ward from the list of Council wards open for funding.
Council wards open for funding
|Bracken Ridge||The Gap|
|Lord Mayor's Office||Macgregor|
Council Wards closed for funding
Projects or events supported wholly or partly by a Lord Mayor's Community Fund allocation must acknowledge the program with the words 'Supported by the Lord Mayor's Community Fund'.
Funding recipients for this grant round
Funding recipients from previous grants rounds
Download the previous Lord Mayor's Community Fund (LMCF) recipients:
- Successful LMCF recipients 2022-23 (Excel - 65.56kb)
- Successful LMCF recipients 2021-22 (Excel - 69kb)
- Successful LMCF recipients 2020-21 (Excel - 179kb)
- Successful LMCF recipients 2019-20 Pre March 2020 (Excel - 224kb)
- Successful LMCF recipients 2019-20 Post March 2020 (Excel - 105kb)
For more information, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 to speak to the Grants Unit.