Creative Sparks Grants Program
The Creative Sparks Grants Program is an arts and cultural grants program managed by Council in partnership with the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland.
The grant program aims to:
- support practitioners and producers to develop products, partnerships and new work that grow Brisbane’s reputation as a global city for creativity
- ensure that Brisbane residents and visitors to the city have access to a diverse range of creative and cultural activities and experiences
- provide cultural, social and economic outcomes that benefit and add value to Brisbane.
Applicants may apply for up to $10,000 per application.
All applications must demonstrate excellence and articulate the artistic, cultural, social and/or economic impact of the proposed activity or project and their outcomes.
The Creative Sparks Fund is a partnership between the Queensland Government and Brisbane City Council to support local arts and culture in Brisbane.
2021-22 funding round dates
Applications open Tuesday 5 October 2021.
Applications close Monday 15 November 2021.
An applicant should:
- be an individual professional artist, arts worker, cultural worker or creative producer residing in the Brisbane Local Government Area (LGA)
- be an incorporated arts or cultural organisation based in the Brisbane LGA
- be a permanent resident or Australian citizen
- be 17 years of age or over at the time of submitting an application
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or nominate an accountable auspice organisation that has an ABN.
An unincorporated organisation may also apply, under the auspices of an incorporated organisation able to accept legal and financial responsibility for the applicant's project.
Auspice organisations must be based in the Brisbane LGA and are limited to supporting a maximum of two applications per round.
Applicants must operate within the Brisbane LGA.
The grant activity and/or outcome must occur within the Brisbane LGA or be able to demonstrate benefit to residents of Brisbane.
Applicants must not have any overdue Council grant acquittals or outstanding debts with Council.
Interested? Join one of our upcoming information sessions to get some tips on how to stand out from the crowd, budget pitfalls and write that winning application. At the information sessions you will:
- Get a detailed overview of the Creative Sparks Grants Program
- Find out about the program’s eligibility criteria
- Receive tips on completing your application
- Have the opportunity to ask questions
Information sessions are free to attend however it is essential to register your attendance.
|Date and time||Location||Register|
Thursday 7 October 2021
|Brisbane Square Library
The End Room
266 George Street, Brisbane
Acquittal reports for successful applicants
If your application is successful, you will be required to complete an online acquittal form within 18 months of grant approval notification.
Grant recipients with overdue acquittal reports are not eligible to apply for other Council grants.
If you believe you or your organisation may have an outstanding report from a previous grant funded project, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak to the Grants Unit for advice.
For more information, you can read the grant guidelines. Alternatively, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak with a Creative Development Officer or the Grants Unit.