Creative Sparks Grants Program
The Creative Sparks Grants Program is an arts and cultural grants program managed by Council in partnership with the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland.
The grant program aims to:
- support practitioners and producers to develop products, partnerships and new work that grow Brisbane’s reputation as a creative city
- ensure that Brisbane residents and visitors to the city have access to a diverse range of creative and cultural activities
- provide cultural, social and economic outcomes that benefit and add value to Brisbane.
Applicants may apply for up to $10,000 per application.
All applications must demonstrate excellence and articulate the artistic, cultural, social and/or economic impact of the proposed outcomes.
The Creative Sparks Fund is a partnership between the Queensland Government and Brisbane City Council to support local arts and culture in Brisbane.
Funding round dates
Applications for this program are closed.
An applicant should:
- be an individual professional artist, arts worker, cultural worker or creative producer residing in the Brisbane Local Government Area (LGA)
- be an incorporated arts or cultural organisation based in the Brisbane LGA
- be a permanent resident or Australian citizen
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or nominate an accountable auspice body that has an ABN.
An unincorporated organisation may also apply, under the auspices of an incorporated organisation able to accept legal and financial responsibility for the applicant's project.
Auspice organisations must be based in the Brisbane LGA and are limited to supporting a maximum of two applications per round.
Applicants must operate within the Brisbane LGA.
Applicants must not have any overdue Council grant acquittals or outstanding debts with Council.
Acquittal reports for successful applicants
If your application is successful, you will be required to complete an online acquittal form within 12 months of grant approval notification.
Grant recipients with overdue acquittal reports are not eligible to apply for other Council grants.
If you believe you or your organisation may have an outstanding report from a previous grant funded project, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak to the Grants Unit for advice.
For more information, you can read the grant guidelines. Alternatively, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak with a Creative Development Officer or the Grants Unit.