Do you have a great idea or event proposal that would benefit our city? Brisbane City Council provides financial or in-kind sponsorship for initiatives that will deliver tangible and measurable benefits to Council and the community, and help make Brisbane a great place to live, work and do business.
Council sponsors a wide variety of events, initiatives and projects, in exchange for agreed sponsorship benefits. Priority is given to applications that:
- help Council achieve the Brisbane Vision
- provide economic benefit to the city
- promote Brisbane as a vibrant, progressive city
- demonstrate commitment to keeping Brisbane clean, green and sustainable
- support organisations or groups that help to address issues affecting the community
- have widespread community appeal
- support activities that are free or low-cost to attend.
Council will avoid sponsorships that:
- conflict with legislation
- are considered discriminatory against any section of the community
- support or oppose political organisations
- present a health or safety hazard to the community
- create an environmental hazard
- are not consistent with Council’s corporate objectives
- are primarily held outside of the Brisbane City Council Local Government Area or where the majority of the audience is external to the city
- support religious organisations (this does not include charities run by religious groups)
- support or are held by trade unions
- promote gambling, smoking, consumption of alcohol or other addictive substances
- are for fundraising, including fundraising for third parties, such as team sponsorship to participate in a charity fundraising event
- are for individuals, such as athletes seeking sponsorship to participate in sporting championships, artists to participate in cultural competitions, or students for academic endeavours
- are for sporting teams seeking sponsorship for sporting championships. Consideration will be given to organisations that are holding state, national or international events in Brisbane
- are to fund auxiliary costs such as accommodation or travel expenses as the primary purpose
- are better suited to other funding options, such as grants
- are for an activity that has already occurred or does not allow sufficient lead-time.
Sponsorship for local business precinct promotion and activation
The Local Business Precinct promotion funding encourages business leaders, clusters of businesses and trade groups to develop initiatives to promote their precincts.
If you have an idea for a concept like this, please contact our Economic Development team to discuss your proposal prior to submitting a sponsorship application.
How to apply for sponsorship from Council
Download and complete your Request for Sponsorship from Council application (Word - 180kb).
After completing the sponsorship application, please email it to Council's Sponsorship team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: the maximum total of all attachments must not exceed 50Mb per email.
Council will evaluate the sponsorship application against an objective set of criteria including alignment with the Brisbane Vision, current priorities and financial allocations.
Sponsorships are limited. Council receives a large number of applications which meet our guidelines and is not able to sponsor them all. Your sponsorship request may be declined, or Council may offer a lesser amount than requested. The sponsorship decisions made by Council are final.
Sponsorship proposals take time to consider. Thorough sponsorship assessment ensures sponsorships are planned for the benefit of both the sponsored organisation and the wider community.
Once Council has decided to offer sponsorship, it will enter into a contract (or letter of agreement) with the applicant. This will outline the benefits agreed to, payment terms, performance required and evaluation methods.
After the project or event is completed, Council will evaluate the effectiveness of the agreement to meet its objectives to help with future sponsorship considerations.
Where Council is unable to provide sponsorship, applicants will be notified by email.
For more information contact Council.