Brisbane tip shops
Brisbane City Council’s two tip shops are open every weekend and sell quality used, recycled and second hand products which have been salvaged before going to landfill.
Brisbane’s tip shops are operated by the Endeavour Foundation, one of the largest non-government organisations in Australia supporting and providing opportunities for people with a disability.
Locations and opening hours
- Acacia Ridge Tip Shop is located at 46 Colebard Street West, Acacia Ridge
- Geebung Tip Shop is located at 27A Prosperity Place, Geebung
Standard opening hours are Saturdays and Sundays from 8am to 4pm.
Items for sale
- household furnishings
- sporting equipment
Donating to tip shops
Residents can donate quality, reusable household items via Council’s resource recovery centres. Tip shop donations from vehicles under 4.5 tonnes RGVM do not attract a disposal fee.
Make your donation count by ensuring it is clean and working. Onsite staff may refuse items that are not considered saleable.
We want to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill in Brisbane by reusing and recovering valuable resources. Think of all the natural resources used to create everyday items that we use around the home, and all the energy and effort that has gone into making these things.
Instead of wasting these resources in landfill once we have finished using them, we can rethink our rubbish and choose to reuse, upcycle and recycle. Here are some tips to get started.
- visit Salvage, the Recycling Art Exhibition at The Judith Wright Centre until 17 July to see how creativity can transform second-hand tip shop treasures
- buy items from Council’s tip shops and from op shops, antique centres and community sales
- always share or donate quality items that you don’t need or want
- take reusable furniture and homewares to Council’s free resource recovery centres. They will be donated to tip shops and all funds raised support The Endeavour Foundation
- give yourself a project to repair and refurbish, rather than buy brand new.