Resource recovery centres
The centres help you recycle more to reduce waste to landfill. The changes have made recycling easier and faster by:
- reducing queues
- increasing access to facilities
- removing recycling costs
- reducing processing times.
Locations and opening hours
The centres are open every day of the year, including Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
Daily opening hours
|1402 Nudgee Road, Nudgee||6.30am to 5.45pm|
|360 Sherbrooke Road, Willawong||6.30am to 5.45pm|
|101 Upper Kedron Road, Ferny Grove||6.30am to 5.45pm|
|728 Tilley Road, Chandler
(opposite the Sleeman Sports Complex)
|6.30am to 5.45pm|
As you enter the centre, you will be asked the types of materials you have for recycling or disposal. The attendant will direct you to the appropriate areas. All recycled materials are processed for free.
If you only have recyclable items or tip shop donations:
- go to the free recycling area and sort your materials into the correct collection point.
If you have free recycling and green or general waste:
- go to the free recycling area first
- then drive to a second weighbridge that leads to the other disposal areas. All materials unloaded after the second weighbridge will attract fees or waste vouchers.
If you only have green or general waste (no recycling):
- go directly to the disposal areas, where all materials will attract fees or waste vouchers.
Residents and commercial operators can use the recycling areas for:
- free - if the vehicle is less than 4.5 tonnes CGVM
- a fee - if the vehicle is above 4.5 tonnes CGVM.
Find out which items are free recycling items and which items resource recovery centres won't accept.
Waste vouchers or fees apply to dispose of general waste at a resource recovery centre. Find out more.
Waste vouchers or fees apply to dispose of green waste. Green waste material comes from the garden. Items include branches, palm fronds, weeds, tree and shrub prunings, loose bark and grass clippings.
When visiting the resource recovery centres, dress appropriately for your safety. Council recommends fully enclosed shoes, long pants, protective glasses such as sunglasses and protective gloves. Children under 12 and family pets are to remain in the vehicle at all times. For heavy loads, bring a friend or family member to help you unload.
Council's resource recovery centres are non-smoking sites.