Events, venues and filming

To achieve the vision for our vibrant, creative city, Brisbane City Council encourages a range of festivals, events, live entertainment venues and creative enterprises, such as filming.

Council regulates these activities to ensure public health and safety. You may need a permit from Council if you are:

  • planning a festival, event or market
  • operating an entertainment venue or an amplified music venue in the Valley
  • filming or taking photos for commercial purposes.

Find what you need

Last updated: 7 April 2022

Brisbane City Council acknowledges this Country and its Traditional Custodians. We pay our respects to the Elders, those who have passed into the dreaming; those here today; those of tomorrow.