Event electrical and gas safety
Electrical work must meet certain requirements and have sign-off from a qualified electrician.
Mobile food vendors attending events in Brisbane are required to have a current Gas System Compliance Certificate.
The use of electricity and electrical equipment at your event must comply with the provisions of the Electrical Safety Act 2002 and Electrical Safety Regulation 2013. Sign-off from a qualified electrician that electrical equipment meets these requirements will need to be obtained.
- all electrical cords are tagged and tested and show no evidence of damage or fraying
- all electrical equipment is tested and tagged and has no sign of damage or safety issues
- generators are in safe working order and have been checked in line with manufacturer's safety inspection guidelines
- generators are located in a safe place, free from public access
- petrol for generated power supply is located in a safe location, at a safe distance from ignition sources and away from the public
You can access these provisions and other electrical safety information from the Queensland Government website.
Mobile food vendors (caravans, mobile food vans etc) attending events in Brisbane are required to have a current Gas System Compliance Certificate (AS/NZA 5601:2:2010 Gas Installations).
Vendors at your event need to have a copy of their Gas System Compliance Certificate available for viewing by Council officers during the event.
Queensland Government has developed an LPG safety checklist for outdoor events and provides information on the safe transportation of LPG cylinders.