Top sustainability tips
Use this page to learn about the top tips to reduce environmental impacts at your event. Every event is different with unique opportunities for improved sustainability. It won’t all be achieved in one go, but every change is a step in the right direction.
Use our top five sustainability tips to help plan and run your event.
- Avoid plastic straws, balloons, single-use water bottles, plastic bags and disposable coffee cups.
- Minimise the amount of waste generated by following the waste hierarchy, 'avoid, reduce, reuse, recycle' before, during and after your event.
- Organise multiple waste streams and have clear signage showing what can be recycled in each stream.
- Provide free drinking water and encourage the use of reusable water bottles.
- Encourage the use of active and public transport to your event.