A-frame signs in Valley Malls
An A-frame Sign is a portable, freestanding advertisement, normally supported by an ‘A’ or inverted ‘T’ frame. Brisbane City Council supports businesses in the Valley Malls to display one A-frame sign and regulates this through permits to maintain safety and amenity.
When you need a permit
Any business in the Brunswick Street or Chinatown Malls will need a permit before displaying an A-frame sign outside their premises.
Payment of fees will be required when you lodge your application to Brisbane City Council. The fee comprises three parts:
|Fee type||Application fee|
|Annual permit fee||$72|
How to apply
1. Supporting documents
Prepare the attachments required for your online application as Word, PDF or jpg files. Required attachments include:
- site plan (showing location of existing structures and proposed placement of A-frame sign)
- sign design (photos or drawings showing size, shape etc)
- certificate of Currency for Public Liability to the value of $20 million
2. Valley Malls A-frame Sign Application
Complete the Valley Malls A-frame Sign Application online form and
- upload your supporting documents
- pay the application using a Visa or Mastercard
For advice specific to your situation, contact Council’s Business Hotline on 133 BNE (133 263).