Other driveway approvals
Your driveway project may involve additional work that must be carried out or approved by Brisbane City Council or other organisations.
Brisbane City Council
You must get permission from Council before carrying out the below activities:
- a temporary road closure
- placing materials on the footway
- connecting to Council stormwater drainage
- incorporating a stormwater maintenance hole into your driveway
- relocating a stormwater pit.
You must request that Council carry out the following activities on your behalf:
- relocating a parking meter or traffic sign
- changing pavement markings
- pruning, removing or relocating an existing street tree or its roots
- relocating a bus stop.
For more information about any of the listed activities, contact Council.
You must phone Urban Utilities on 13 26 57 in relation to the below requests:
- relocating your water meter
- relocating a sewerage maintenance hole
- incorporating a sewerage maintenance hole into your driveway.
If a Telstra pit or manhole is in the proposed driveway location, phone Telstra on 1800 810 443.
Department of Transport and Main Roads
If the property is adjacent to a state controlled road, you will need permission from the Department of Transport and Main Roads to complete your project. Requirements may include:
- access approval
- temporary lane closure
- traffic management permits.
For information on closure of a main road, visit the Department of Transport and Main Roads website.
Once you have approval from Council or the Department of Transport and Main Roads to close a road, you will also need authorisation from Queensland Police for the road closure. To obtain a permit, phone:
- Queensland Police Metro North on 07 3354 5137
- Queensland Police Metro South on 07 3364 3131.