After your development is approved

After your planning application is approved, there are other approvals you may need before you can start your project. These include operational works, building approval, plan sealing and erosion and sediment control. In some instances, prior to seeking these approvals, you may want to make changes to your development approval. You need to be aware that penalties apply for unauthorised work and you may need to pay the Portable Long Service Levy for building and construction work.

Find what you need

Environmental offsets

Your development approval may require environmental offsets to be provided. Find out how to deliver these environmental offsets.

Portable long service levy

Before approval of operational works applications, applicants need to pay the Portable Long Service Levy.

Out of hours construction approval

It is the responsibility of developers, builders and contractors to ensure noise impacts on nearby properties are minimal, and they comply with the building work times.

Last updated:14 May 2019