Your development approval may require environmental offsets to be provided for the loss of matters of local environmental significance (MLES) or loss of non-juvenile koala habitat trees in accordance with the Environmental Offsets Act 2014.
This is to be agreed to by Council prior to the clearing of vegetation in accordance with the Environmental Offsets Act, Queensland Environmental Offsets Policy and Offsets Planning Scheme Policy.
You can choose to deliver the environmental offsets as either a financial settlement offset, proponent-driven offset, or a combination of both.
Where you have chosen financial offsets, Council will provide an invoice for payment. To have the invoice generated you will need to provide the following information to the Specialist Services team:
- the application reference number of the development approval, the development approval condition(s) that require environmental offsets and full site address
- payee information (the name to appear on the invoice, postal address, email contact and invoice amount)
- type of environmental offset (MLES or koala) and the area of environmental offsets
- offset calculation report
- completed EOD1 - Environmental Offsets Delivery Form 1 – Notice of Election and Advanced Offset Details and EOD4 - Environmental Offsets Delivery Form: Financial Settlement Details forms.
Where you have chosen proponent-driven offsets, submit either an Operational Works or BCC Compliance Assessment for assessment in accordance with the condition(s) of the Development Approval, Environmental Offsets Act and Offsets Planning Scheme Policy. Read about lodging these documents.