If your development involves subdivision, Brisbane City Council must approve the survey plan (also known as sealing). Council approves the survey plan once the development is finalised and you have met all relevant conditions of approval.
To help Council process your plan sealing request quickly and efficiently, make sure you have all the relevant supporting information lodged with your request and complete the appropriate forms:
- Plan sealing request form (PDF - 44kb)
- Bonding of uncompleted works checklist (PDF - 68kb)
- Checklist for preparation of legal documentation in relation to easements, covenants and transfer of land (PDF - 59kb)
- Sealing of survey plan checklist (PDF - 70kb)
- Reduction or release of uncompleted works bond checklist (PDF - 53kb).
Find out the plan sealing fees.
You can lodge the following plan sealing applications by emailing Development Services:
- reconfiguring a lot
- building format plans
- bonding on uncompleted works
- preparation of legal documentation in relation to easements and covenants.
You must lodge applications in accordance with Council's electronic file requirements.
SealSMART is a process aimed at improving plan sealing times through enabling self-certification of applications by accredited consultants.
Under SealSMART, accredited consultants liaise with Council engineers to determine suitable applications and agree certification requirements for each condition. The accredited consultant then engages relevant professionals to certify that applicants have complied with conditions, providing evidence as required.
Provided the application meets all requirements, Council seals SealSMART subdivision plans within five working days of payment of plan sealing fees.
If you are interested in becoming an accredited SealSMART consultant, contact Council.
To find out more information on SealSMART, you can: