If your development involves subdivision, Brisbane City Council must approve the survey plan (also known as sealing). Council endorses the survey plan once the development is finalised and you have met all relevant conditions of the approval.
To help Council process your plan sealing request quickly and efficiently, make sure you have all the relevant supporting information lodged with your request.
To assist with project constraints and critical time frames, Council offers a plan sealing prelodgement service. This service provides advice on conditions compliance, documentation requirements and other questions relating to the endorsement of a standard, building and/or volumetric Survey Plan.
You can lodge the following plan sealing applications by completing the Plan sealing online request form:
- reconfiguring a lot
- building format plans
- plan sealing prelodgement requests.
Council's user guide and frequently asked questions (FAQs) may provide assistance when completing the online form:
- User guide – plan sealing online request form (Word - 860kb)
- FAQs – plan sealing online request form (Word - 118kb).
Lodgement of the requests below can be made by completing the appropriate form and emailing Council:
- Bonding of uncompleted works checklist (PDF - 68kb)
- Checklist for preparation of legal documentation in relation to easements, covenants and transfer of land (PDF - 59kb)
- Sealing of survey plan checklist (PDF - 70kb)
- Reduction or release of uncompleted works bond checklist (PDF - 53kb)
- Plan sealing request form (PDF - 44kb).
Find out the plan sealing fees.