Lodging a submission via Development.i
Your feedback helps Brisbane City Council make decisions about proposed development. The best way to have your say is by using Development.i.
Find the development application online
Before you lodge a submission, you can view all the documents and plans associated with a development using Development.i:
- Access Development.i.
- Read the terms and conditions on the homepage.
- Search for an application using one of the following options:
- Location search - using the street address or lot on plan number
- Application search - using the application number
- Map search - allows you to search using more filters
- Enter the search details then select the result that best matches your search.
- The application(s) will be displayed in the 'Applications Results' pane on the left hand side of the screen.
- Select the 'Details' button next to the summary of the application. A new window will open.
- The application details window will have information on the 'Progress' of the application and provide easy access to 'Application Documents'.
Lodge the submission
To lodge a submission:
- Once the application details appear, you can make a submission by selecting the 'Make a submission' or 'Make a comment' link from the 'More Details' box. If the application is not available to make a comment or submission on, no links will be displayed.
- A new 'Development Application Submission' window will open. Before you proceed, ensure you have prepared the grounds for your submission.
- Enter your personal details. All details with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- Select 'Next' at the bottom of the page.
- Check that your details are correct then select 'Confirm' at the bottom of the page.
- Scroll down the page to the 'Submission detail' section and enter the reason(s) for your submission by selecting the 'Submissions details' field.
- Attach any supporting documents by selecting the 'Browse' button within the 'Attach files' field. Once the document is located, select the 'Attach' button.
- Select the 'Next' button at the bottom of the page to continue.
- Choose whether you want your details to be disclosed during the assessment phase by selecting the circle field next to either 'Yes' or 'No'.
- View your submission by selecting the blue highlighted 'View my submission' link.
- To lodge the submission select the box field (above the cancel and accept buttons). A green tick appears next to the 'I agree that this document is a true representation of the submission I have prepared. I agree by transmitting it electronically to Brisbane City Council and Council agreeing to accept it electronically, it has the same status as if I had signed it' field.
- To submit, select the 'Accept' button at the bottom of the page.