The following information may assist with the online lodgement of your application.
Preparing an application
- Why do my PDFs need to be unsecured?
- Why is there a 10Mb limit for each file/document?
- What do I do if my file/document is over 10Mb?
- Where can I receive help with lodging?
Lodging your application
- How will I know if Brisbane City Council has received my application?
- How and when do I pay the application fees?
- How will I know when Council is assessing my application?
Council needs to be able to access the documents to stamp or amend the files if necessary. If the files are password protected (i.e. secured), Council will be unable to process the files and they will be returned to you so they can be unlocked.
Each file/document needs to be 10Mb or less to display on PD online. This is a system requirement to allow for varying bandwidths and computer speeds so documents can be easily accessed and viewed online.
If you have a document over 10Mb, you may be able to split it into separate files. When you do this, ensure the file name reflects the order in which the documents should be viewed.
For example, a large acoustic report split into two files should be named:
- Acoustic report part 1 of 2
- Acoustic report part 2 of 2
If you have questions regarding the guidelines or online lodgement, phone Development Services on 07 3403 4780.
You will receive a reply via email from the Development Services team acknowledging your application. This is not an auto-reply and will be sent only during business days.
A fee quote will be emailed to you once the application has been checked to ensure it meets the requirements of the Planning Act 2016. BPAY is the preferred method of payment, however full details for payment will be included on the fee quote.
Once your application has been processed and fully paid, the Assessment Manager assigned to assess your application with contact you.