Plumbing and drainage

All plumbing and drainage work must comply with current legislative requirements and regulations. Find out about the types of plumbing and drainage works that require Brisbane City Council approval and how to apply for approval and arrange inspections.

Licensed plumbers

All plumbing and drainage work, other than unregulated work, must be carried out by a licensed plumber or drainer. To confirm a plumber or drainer is in possession of a current suitable licence, visit the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) website or phone the QBCC on 13 93 33.

Last updated:

Brisbane City Council acknowledges this Country and its Traditional Custodians. We pay our respects to the Elders, those who have passed into the dreaming; those here today; those of tomorrow.