Certain types of projects are not allowed to be built. These projects are referred to as prohibited development. You cannot lodge an application for prohibited development.
Prohibited development is development that only the state has the power prohibit. Brisbane City Plan 2014 is not allowed to prohibit development unless the prohibition is established by the state under Planning Regulation 2017.
Schedule 10 of the Planning Regulation 2017 details specific situations where prohibited development applies:
- development on contaminated land under identified circumstances
- clearing native vegetation other than for a relevant purpose
- brothels under identified circumstances
- urban activities in priority koala assessable development areas under identified circumstances
- operational works in wetland protection areas under identified circumstances
Prohibited development may also be identified in Brisbane City Plan 2014.