Using the Centres Detail Design Manual
The superseded Centres Detail Design Manual deals with design matters including:
- footways - footpath, kerb, planting and street furniture
- lanes, cross-block links, corner land dedications and buildouts
- public art contributions.
The manual is divided into four chapters:
- Using the manual: this chapter sets out who should use the manual and how to navigate, the document structure and contact details.
- Locality advice: this chapter includes all centres in Brisbane where guidance is available for upgrading footways and locations where public art contributions are required.
- Streetscape design: section A details the citywide streetscape hierarchy. Section B provides guidance on elements and materials for footway upgrades.
- Technical details: this chapter provides additional technical information for the elements and materials outlined in Section B.
For more information:
- email the Urban Design unit
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- write to:
Urban Design unit
City Planning and Sustainability Division
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4000.