City Reach Waterfront Master Plan
Brisbane City Council is preparing a master plan for the City Reach Waterfront to ensure the area continues to evolve into a world-class employment and lifestyle precinct.
Master planning for the City Reach Waterfront was identified as an initiative in the Brisbane City Centre Master Plan 2014 and supports other Council strategies and frameworks including the:
- River's Edge Strategy 2013
- River Access Network 2017
- River Art Framework 2018
- Global Precincts Strategic Vision 2017.
Draft master plan
Council released a draft master plan for comment from 11 November to 9 December 2019.
The draft master plan outlines key strategies and actions to transform the waterfront so that it can realise its full potential as a New World City waterfront.
Key features of the draft master plan include:
- a wider river promenade to allow more space for people to move
- additional shade trees and landscaping to enhance comfort
- more locations to access the river for water-based activities
- enhanced public parks and improved lighting of iconic riverside buildings and heritage features.
- City Reach Waterfront draft Master Plan (PDF - 14Mb)
- City Reach Waterfront draft Master Plan (Word - 3.62Mb)
City Reach Waterfront Master Plan study area
View City Reach Waterfront Master Plan study area in a larger map.
Council launched the master plan process in September 2018 with a public survey asking the community to reflect and comment on their connection to the City Reach area.
Council analysed the feedback received and used it to help create the draft master plan document.
Council released a draft master plan for comment in November 2019 and is in the process of considering the feedback received whilst preparing the final City Reach Waterfront Master Plan which will be released in 2020.
|September 2018||City Reach Waterfront Master Plan process commenced and opportunities document released.
Public survey open from 28 September to 29 October 2018.
Download the opportunities document:
|Late-2019||Public consultation on the draft master plan from 11 November to 9 December 2019.
Download the draft master plan.
|Mid 2020||Final City Reach Waterfront Master Plan to be released.|
For more information about the City Reach Waterfront Master Plan, you can: