City Reach Waterfront Master Plan
Brisbane City Council has created a master plan for the City Reach Waterfront to ensure the area continues to evolve into a world-class employment and lifestyle precinct.
Key features of the master plan include:
- a wider river promenade to allow more space for people to move and gather
- additional shade trees and landscaping to enhance comfort
- more locations to access the river for water-based activities
- enhanced public parks and improved lighting of iconic riverside buildings and heritage features.
Master planning for the City Reach Waterfront was identified as an initiative in the Brisbane City Centre Master Plan 2014 and supports other Council strategies and frameworks including the:
- River's Edge Strategy 2013
- River Access Network 2017
- River Art Framework 2018
- Global Precincts Strategic Vision 2017.
City Reach Waterfront Master Plan study area
View City Reach Waterfront Master Plan study area in a larger map.
Council launched the master plan process in September 2018 with a public survey asking the community to reflect and comment on their connection to the City Reach area.
Council analysed the feedback received and used it to help create the draft master plan document.
Council released the draft master plan for comment in November 2019 and incorporated the feedback received into the final City Reach Waterfront Master Plan released in August 2020.
Key feedback themes included:
- the promenade needs to allow pedestrians and cyclists to safely share the space
- the opportunity to improve amenity in the area by providing shade, seating, lighting and high-quality design
- the need for collaboration between government and development industry to achieve the master plan’s vision
- the need to manage noise impacts on residents within the Admiralty section.
Read the master plan document to see how these themes and other ideas were included and considered.
|September 2018||City Reach Waterfront Master Plan process commenced and opportunities document released.
Public survey open from 28 September to 29 October 2018.
Download the opportunities document:
Public consultation on the draft master plan from 11 November to 9 December 2019.
|Mid 2020||Final City Reach Waterfront Master Plan released.|
For more information about the City Reach Waterfront Master Plan, you can:
- email the project team
- phone 07 3403 8888
- write to:
Neighbourhood Planning and Urban Renewal (City Reach Waterfront)
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.