Better Suburbs Initiative Board
The role of the Better Suburbs Initiative (BSI) Board is to guide and shape a program of renewal across the city and provide independent advice on how to achieve renewal in Brisbane’s suburbs. The Board will assist Council to identify opportunities to facilitate viable investment and reinvigoration, enhancing suburban quality of life through enhanced economic performance and infrastructure investment in the suburbs of Brisbane. The Board will provide advice on:
- solutions required to enable renewal of strategic suburban locations, in a manner which facilitates development in partnership with local investors and the local community
- a coordinated approach to infrastructure delivery, planning and development issues in suburban locations throughout Brisbane
- the successful delivery of projects, services, and initiatives for suburban locations throughout Brisbane
- future priorities for investment to help inform budget processes and cross-government projects.
Better Suburbs Initiative Board Members include:
- Mr Ross Elliott - Chair, Better Suburbs Initiative Board
- Hon. Gary Hardgrave - Deputy Chair, Better Suburbs Initiative Board
- Ms Charlotte Fitzgerald - Member, Better Suburbs Initiative Board
- Councillor Matthew Bourke - Chairman City Planning Committee, Councillor for Jamboree Ward
- Ms Dy Currie - Chief Planner, City Planning and Economic Development, Brisbane City Council.