City Centre Master Plan 2032 - Stage 1
Brisbane City Council has worked with the local community, businesses and stakeholders to create the City Centre Master Plan 2032 - Stage 1, to revitalise the local economy by boosting activity and increasing the appeal of the city centre to residents, businesses, students and visitors. The plan is also one way Council is ensuring we are ready to host the Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Read the plan:
- City Centre Master Plan - Stage 1 (PDF – 13.03Mb)
- City Centre Master Plan - Stage 1 (Word – 6.96Mb).
The plan features 15 priority actions to help shape the city centre, as well as ideas to consider in future phases of City Centre Master Plan 2032. Over the next 18 months and into the future, Council will work with government and industry stakeholders to ensure the city centre is:
- welcoming, inclusive and open for business
- accessible to visitors, workers and students throughout the week
- a world-class destination offering diverse and memorable experiences
- a showcase for our river, parklands, streets and subtropical spaces
- unlocking future potential to plan for our Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games legacy.
1. Create more to see and do.
2. Adapt the modern workplace.
3. Promote access and inclusion.
4. Improve the city centre cycle network.
5. Enhance river connections.
6. Upgrade public transport.
7. Stage iconic events.
8. Deliver creative lighting installations.
9. Grow the visitor economy.
10. Green our city.
11. Create walkable streets.
12. Activate small spaces.
13. Facilitate growth.
14. Plan our Olympic and Paralympic Games legacy.
15. Elevate our global city.
|Early 2021||Council opened consultation from March-April 2021.|
|Mid-Late 2021||Council shares the City Centre Master Plan 2032 - Stage 1 in October 2021.|
|Mid 2022||Council opens consultation on City Centre Master Plan 2032 - Stage 2.|
|Early 2023||Council shares City Centre Master Plan 2032 - Stage 2.|
Council is focusing on the below area for this project.
Priority projects in the city centre
The City Centre is already transforming – see the video below for projects already underway.
See below for information on key projects and initiatives which are helping to shape the future of the City Centre.
Other City Plan amendments
To ensure City Plan stays up-to-date and effective, Council regularly provides new or amended information, including other neighbourhood plans or citywide updates.
For more information you can:
- email the project team
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- write to:
City Centre Master Plan
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.