Darra Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council is working with the local community to revitalise the neighbourhood shopping precinct at Darra, along Railway Parade and Darra Station Road, as part of the Village Precinct Projects program.
We're committing $750,000 to the improvement project, which aims to:
- enhance the amenity, connection and safety for local residents and visitors to the centre
- contribute to and encourage local economic development
- increase the community's sense of place at this neighbourhood centre.
Proposed improvements include:
- footpath upgrades to improve accessibility, maintenance and visual amenity
- improving pedestrian safety by upgrading existing crossing points
- tree planting to improve visual and physical amenity while providing shade
- groundcover plantings to new and existing garden beds
- standard and unique street furniture
- placemaking opportunities derived from community engagement.
Community consultation and engagement
The local community is encouraged to become involved in the planning for the revitalisation proposal by providing feedback about the local centre.
- Draft opportunities plan - Darra Village Precinct Project (PDF - 2Mb)
- Draft opportunities plan - Darra Village Precinct Project (Word - 2Mb).
We are currently analysing the information gathered from the onsite project information kiosk and online survey, which closed on Sunday 13 October 2019. Feedback will assist Council in understanding what the community thinks is important in their neighbourhood and will inform the improvement proposal for the Darra local shopping precinct.
|Precinct improvement proposal||A revitalisation proposal will be prepared in response to the community's feedback. The improvement proposal will be on display in the Darra shopping precinct and Inala Library from early 2020. More information will be provided.|
|Construction||Construction is planned to begin in early 2020 and be completed by the end of June 2020. Council will consult with each business in the shopping precinct to ensure minimal disruption occurs during construction. Access to every shop in the Darra shopping precinct will be maintained during business hours.|
|Project completion||The project is currently scheduled for completion by the end of June 2020.|
For more information on the Darra Village Precinct Project, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak to the project team.