If your development involves subdivision, Brisbane City Council must approve the survey plan. Council approves (also known as sealing) the survey plan once the development is finalised and all conditions of approval have been met.
To help Council process your plan sealing request quickly and efficiently, make sure you have all the relevant supporting information lodged with your request and complete the appropriate forms:
Some documents on this page need the latest version of Adobe Reader to view, print or save them. You can download Adobe Reader for free.
- Plan Sealing Request Form (PDF - 44kb)
- Bonding of Uncompleted Works Checklist (Engineering and/or landscaping not in Parkland) (PDF - 109kb)
- Bonding of Uncompleted Works Checklist (Landscaping and Rehabilitation Works in Parkland, Drainage Reserve or Land for Environment Purposes) (PDF - 108kb)
- Checklist for Preparation of Legal Documentation in Relation to Easements and Covenants (PDF - 86kb)
- Sealing of Survey Plan Checklist (PDF - 116kb)
- Reduction or Release of Uncompleted Works Bond Checklist (PDF - 50kb).
Find out the plan sealing fees.
- reconfiguration of a lot
- building format plans
- bonding on uncompleted works
- preparation of legal documentation in relation to easements and covenants.
A plan sealing application for building format plans or other plans requiring endorsement of a community management statement cannot be lodged via email at this stage.
SealSMART is a process aimed at improving Plan Sealing times through enabling self-certification of applications by accredited consultants.
Under SealSMART, accredited consultants liaise with Council engineers to determine suitable applications and agree certification requirements for each condition. The accredited consultant then engages relevant professionals to certify that conditions have been complied with, providing evidence as required.
Provided the application meets all requirements, Council seals SealSMART subdivision plans within five business days of payment of Plan Sealing fees.
If you are interested in becoming an accredited SealSMART consultant, contact Council.
To find out more information on SealSMART, you can: