As a tenant of a Council community facility, you are required to obtain approval to make any changes to, upgrade, or develop your leased or licensed premises. This includes tree trimming and repainting.
Facility management information for community leases and licences
Facility management for Brisbane City Council community leases and licences involves making sure your site and its facilities are safe, fit for purpose, well maintained and utilised to their full potential.
High quality facilities help attract and retain participants and reflect your organisation's values and level of service to its members and the community. Ideally, your organisation will have a facility management plan in place to guide facility management and support you to access funding, identify resource efficiencies, save on costs, and potentially extend on the lifespan of your facilities.
If you're a tenant of a Brisbane City Council community facility, use this page to:
- understand your facility maintenance obligations and responsibilities
- obtain approval to upgrade or develop facilities
- find out how to manage your premises, including if it is on a closed landfill site, is heritage listed, or has sports fields
- learn how to contact Council for advice and support.
Find what you need
- Planning for community organisations
- Asset management for community organisations
- Risk management for community organisations
- Financial management for community organisations
- Development works on community leased or licensed premises
- Managing your community organisation
- Tenure information for Council leases and licences
- Accessibility projects at community leased facilities