Applying for a seasonal licence
If your organisation is interested in applying for a seasonal licence, you must submit your application prior the season closing date. Brisbane City Council does not provide recurring seasonal licences, which means you need to apply prior to the start of each season for use.
The summer season is from 1 October to 31 March inclusive.
Applications close for the summer season on 31 July.
Applicants are notified of the outcome of their seasonal licence application by 31 August.
The winter season is from 1 April to 30 September inclusive.
Applications close for the winter season on 31 January.
Applicants are notified of the outcome of their seasonal licence application by 28 February.
To apply for a seasonal licence usage agreement, you must:
- be an incorporate association or company limited by guarantee
- be a not-for-profit, community-based organisation
- have an open membership (constitutions or articles must state that membership is open to the public)
- be able to pay the seasonal licence fee
- maintain appropriate insurances, including $20 million public liability cover for the term of tenure
- conduct activities that meet Council objectives and that are not primarily used for purposes such as political gain, worship, commercial gain or illegal activities.
Key assessment criteria
Council will assess an organisation's application for a seasonal licence against the following criteria.
- The proposed activities will increase community, sport, recreation and/or cultural participation levels.
- The site facilities are suitable for the proposed use.
- Availability of the site.
- The proposed use compliments that of other site users.
- Ability to meet any other criteria deemed relevant by Council.
To apply for a seasonal licence, complete the online seasonal licence application form.
You will need to have your organisation's certificate of incorporation and certificate of currency for public liability insurance ready to upload as part of your application.
While Council will endeavour to meet your organisation's request for usage, receipt of your application does not guarantee your request.
For further advice or assistance with applying for a seasonal licence, phone Council on 07 3403 8888.