Wynnum Community Centre permanent car park project - Wynnum
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that a new permanent car park has been constructed off Charlotte Street for the Wynnum Community Centre, located at 105 Florence Street, Wynnum.
|Address||Wynnum Community Centre, 105 Florence Street, Wynnum|
|Project outcomes||Improved access|
|Latest update||End of construction|
This project included:
- constructing a new car park, including one new accessible parking space
- constructing an accessible pathway from the car park to the Community Centre
- earthworks to improve drainage across the car park
- increasing the green space adjacent to the Wynnum Central Park
- planting new shade trees in garden beds within the car park
- installing a new irrigation system
- constructing underground water storage for a filtration system
- relocating existing lights as well as installing new lighting that operates from dusk until dawn
- re-asphalting the existing Florence Street driveway.
The existing temporary car park within the former netball courts will be closed following the opening of the new permanent car park. The permanent car park will not be paid parking.
The Wynnum Community Centre permanent car park is the final stage in the redevelopment of the former Wynnum Central State School site. The formalised car park will provide more convenient facilities for people accessing the Community Centre and contribute to more lifestyle and leisure opportunities.
If you would like to ask questions or find out more about the Wynnum Community Centre permanent car park project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the City Projects team
- write to:
Wynnum Community Centre permanent car park project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.