Ticketed events for people 18 years and over
People 18 years and over must carry one of the following forms of identification:
- current driver's licence
- valid passport
- valid adult proof of age card or 18+ card.
Riverstage may refuse entry (without refund) to people without suitable identification.
All ages ticketed events
Patrons must present a valid ticket.
The following general rules apply:
- adults must accompany children 12 years and under
- adults are strongly recommended to accompany children between 13 and 15 years
- all patrons must hold a valid ticket regardless of age, unless specified for an event.
Admission for non-ticketed events
Patrons will not be admitted once the venue capacity is reached. Council encourages guests to arrive early and to arrive together to avoid disappointment.
Scalping and resale facilities
Riverstage advises patrons not to risk losing money and missing out on an event by purchasing through unauthorised ticket resellers.
You may be refused entry if you purchased invalid tickets from a scalper or unauthorised seller.
Ticketmaster is the authorised ticketing agency for Riverstage. Council is unable to verify the validity of tickets purchased via any other channel.
General admission at Riverstage is standing room only. Most of the venue is grassed area on a gentle slope.
For seated events with reserved seating, refer to your ticket for your seat row and number.
You can bring the following items into the venue:
- sealed unopened soft plastic water bottles up to 600ml - lids will be removed (event dependant)
- empty soft plastic water bottles up to 600ml with lids removed for filling at Riverstage's free water stations (event dependant) (lids can be deposited at the cloakroom - free service)
- rugs and blankets (event/capacity dependent)
- working guide dogs and assistance dogs.
- bags larger than A4 size
- cameras with detachable lens
- chairs or elevated seating
- domestic animals (excludes working guide dogs and other assistance dogs)
- fireworks (of any kind)
- full (or empty) beverage bottles, cans or containers of any kind (not including water)
- large flashlights and torches
- laser pointing devices
- selfie sticks
- studded fashion items
- video or audio recorders of any type
- weapons of any kind
- any other items considered to be harmful to others.
Council may add items to the prohibited list as required.
For more information on prohibited items or event-specific conditions of entry, email the Riverstage Venue Operations Manager.
All bags will be searched. A personal safety and security search is a condition of entry. Security wanding may occur at events. You can leave prohibited items at the cloakroom. Illegal items will be confiscated.
Patrons must not stand on bins or fences. The venue is not responsible for any injuries caused or suffered by patrons standing on bins or fences.
No passouts are given under any circumstance.
Bad weather policy
Riverstage is an outdoor amphitheatre. If rain or bad weather occurs, the show will proceed, unless deemed unsafe to do so. No refunds will be authorised unless the event is cancelled.