Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium ticket purchase terms and conditions
Before proceeding with your purchase, please read these terms and conditions carefully which set out all the information that applies to your purchase of tickets to events and shows at the Planetarium (Tickets) (Terms and Conditions).
- Ticket purchases made are managed by Brisbane City Council ABN 72 002 765 795 acting through its Community Facilities and Venues branch in the Lifestyle and Community Services division, whose principal office is at Brisbane Square 266 George Street, Brisbane (Council).
- By purchasing Tickets, you:
(a) acknowledge and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions; and
(b) declare that you are 18 years of age or over, or if you are not at least 18 years of age, that you have parental consent to purchase tickets
- Tickets to events at the Planetarium (Ticketed Event(s)) must be purchased via:
(a) Council's website (Website); or
(b) the Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium (Planetarium Booking Office).
- The terms of entry to the Planetarium are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions and apply to your Ticket purchase.
- Accessibility Tickets: Accessibility Tickets are not available for purchase through the Website. Please contact Planetarium staff on 07 3403 2578 or visit the Planetarium Box Office in the Planetarium to purchase Accessibility Tickets.
By purchasing Tickets, you acknowledge that:
(a) Ticket sales may be limited to a specified number of tickets and Council may cancel or refuse to accept orders in excess of any such limits.
(b) Council is not liable for any consequences of error or incorrect information you have included in your request for the issue of Tickets.
(c) prices shown on the Website include GST where applicable
(d) for safety reasons, there is no admittance/re-admittance to the Cosmic Skydome once a Ticketed Event has commenced.
- Tickets can only be purchased on the Website by Visa and MasterCard payments and all payments are processed in Australian Dollars (AUD). A tax invoice is available upon request. Other methods may be available for purchases made in person at the Planetarium Booking Office.
- Tickets non-refundable: Tickets purchased online are non-refundable and are not available for exchange, unless required by law.
- No Scalping: Tickets must not be resold or offered for resale at a premium or otherwise offered for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes without prior written consent of Council. If a Ticket is sold or used in contravention of this condition, the Ticket may be seized or cancelled by Council without a refund or exchange being provided and the bearer of the Ticket may be denied admission.
- Refund for event cancellation: If a Ticketed Event is cancelled or rescheduled for any reason whatsoever, Council may provide a refund for the Ticketed Event.
To the extent permitted by law, Council is not liable to refund to you any amount beyond the face value of the Ticket excluding any transaction fee.
- Notification of event cancellation: Council will attempt to notify Ticket holders of the cancellation or rescheduling of a Ticketed Event however Council does not guarantee that Ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation or rescheduling prior to the Ticketed Event.
- Payment of refund: Once your refund has been approved, it will be processed and a credit amount will automatically be applied to the original method of payment.
- Force Majeure: If for any reason the Ticketed Event is not capable of running as planned (including due to the intervention of any act, omission, cause or circumstances outside Council’s reasonable control including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, accident, acts of God, pandemics, civil unrest, strikes, Council reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sale of Tickets and cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a Ticketed Event and recommence the sale of Tickets on the same Terms and Conditions.
- No Liability of Council: To the extent permitted by law, Council and its agents and employees accept no liability for any damage, expenses or loss (including consequential loss) that you or any other person may suffer whatsoever arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of, or failure to, provide Tickets or information, except to the extent that the damage, expenses or loss was caused by a wilful or negligent act or omission of Council, its agents or employees. Where liability cannot be excluded or modified by law, including pursuant to Australian Consumer Law, the liability of Council and its agents and employees is limited to the minimum permitted at law.
- Governing jurisdiction: All Ticket purchases shall be governed by the laws of Queensland.
- Amendment to Terms and Conditions: Council may from time to time change these Terms and Conditions. Purchase of any Tickets following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Terms and Conditions as changed.